Measure & Calculate
Please take your time on this page to browse the relevant information about measuring and calculating the amount of fabric you will need for each project. We have highlighted things for you to consider a range of projects including pelmets, curtains and roman blinds and have provided general tips and tips from our own experience, to help you with your project.
- Click above to read our list of factors to consider before you start buying your fabric.
- Click above to read our tips on how to measure your curtain track or pole and where best to fit it.
- Click above to read our tips on where to position a pelmet or valnce and when best to use them.
- Click above to read our information on how to measure your window to fit a roman blind, both in the recess and out of it.
- Click above to read about different types of curtains before buying your fabirc to ensure you buy the correct amount for the type of curtains you wish to make.
- Click above to follow our step-by-step guide to calculating how much fabric you need for your curtains. Our guide includes details on how to measure for different curtain types, how to calculate allowances and gives examples throughout to help you with your calculations.
- Click above to read about how to work out if you have a half drop pattern repeat on your fabric and how this affects your cut drop and how much fabric you need.
If you do not know how much fabric you need for your project, be it curtains or blinds, then please read our articles above which give step-by-step guides, hints and tips and examples of how to calculate for varying projects and factors to consider with each one. If you are still unsure of how much fabric you need, then do not hesitate to email us or come in and see us at our fabric warehouse in Northamptonshire.